Configuration Settings for Outlook 2007
To set up your Outlook 2007 client to work with CHASS Email:
- Open Outlook.
- Click Yes.
- Select the 'Manually configure server settings or additional server types' checkbox.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Settings: name, full email address (including '@chass.utoronto.ca')
- In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP; enter the incoming and outgoing server names shown below.
- In the 'User Name' field, give your full CHASS Email address, including '@chass.utoronto.ca.'
- After creating these settings, click the More Settings... button.
- After Clicking More Settings, then goto the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server must be 993, and use SSL encryption.
- Outgoing server must be 465, and use SSL encryption.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected. The radio button 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should also be selected.
- Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.